Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's Up With That Seriously

So as I had mentioned in a previous blog, we are taking my mother-in-law to France for her 80th birthday.  So in the planning process I asked her if she wanted to spend time with her brother in Brittany and she said 'yes but only to visit not to stay.'  But as things go she called them and they got so excited, they started making plans and next thing you know she will be staying with them the whole time.  First with us in Paris for 3 days and then when we go to the house we rented, which we got especially with her in mind, she will travel with her sister-in-law to Brittany.
 So that's fine it is her birthday after all, but now comes the 'what's up with that' and 'seriously' part, she wants us to come and visit them.  Okay we were planning on doing that anyways, my husband and I  together, alone, without the others for a quiet visit where we wouldn't be talking over each other and without the chaos which comes with a lot of people in a house at one time, especially with people you have never meet or others haven't seen in 20 years or more. And then came the cherry on top of this major dissin', she wants us to spend the night there, hello that would make a one day trip into a two day trip and I am already paying for a nice kingsize bed with my own bathroom in a house why would I want to stay in chaosville longer than I have too.  Yeah Yeah I know I am not a team player, nor am I big family oriented.  I mean as long as I plan on it I can roll but right now I am in the whining stages of these turning of events so suck it up and bare with me.  I mean come on when you travel with a large group my philosophy is the only way everyone will have a good time is to let everyone do their own thing.  But at time goes by I am learning that their idea of everyone having a good time is Pat and Alisa doing what they want us to do.  Yeah well no, I mean I resigned myself that we are going to be a large group alot of the time and that I am going to have to grin and bare it a lot but I am not, as of yet, resigning myself to stay the night when I have already paid for a perfectly good room elsewhere.
Aw come on someone out there has to agree with me to some extent.  Don't leave me hanging out in whinyville alone leave a comment so that I at least know you understand my whine, and yes this is getting a bit cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment